Product Description & Reviews
Begun in 1896, Monet's Mornings on the Seine series, the painting was not completed until 1897 because of inclement weather. Having patiently scouted out views along the river, Monet then painted the pictures from a boat that he had converted into a floating studio. For an extended period, he rose by dawn in order to paint the changing effects of light as the sun came up. He then lined up the canvases on easels in his studio to complete them together as a series. Fifteen were shown at the Galerie Georges Petit in 1898. What is Gallery Wrap? A gallery-wrap canvas does not show any visible staples or nails holding the fabric (canvas) to the stretchers on the sides. Quite often with a gallery-wrap canvas, the edges are painted, and the painting hung unframed.
Features & Highlights
- This painting exemplifies Monet at his most poetic and introspective. Collected in Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, gift of Mrs. W. Scott Fitz, Inscription: Signed and dated (lower left): Claude Monet 97
- Giclee Print Technology: Using archival-quality inks onto premium canvases, giclee printing gaurantees incredible detail, phenomenal quality, and vibrant colors.
- Saturated colors for up to 80 years. Solvent-free Ink: odorless and can be used by someone with allergies and in kids' rooms.
- Matching with Art Frame, Picture Size: 24X30", Outer diameter: 30x36"(76x91cm)
- Brand Quality: production from one of the world's leading wall decor manufacturers, DecorArts a registered Trademark. Made in the USA.
|Manufacturer:||Decor Arts International Corp|
|Color:||Morning on the Seine Near Giverny|
|Publisher:||Decor Arts International Corp|
|Studio:||Decor Arts International Corp|
|Item Weight:||9.5 pounds|
|Item Size:||30 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||12 pounds|
|Package Size:||33 x 4 x 4 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.